“Novice to Professional” Network Security Course
Muscat College Training Unit is offering one-of-its-kind “Novice to Professional” Network Security Course in coordination with the international academy, Cyberoam. The course applies a gradual approach to learning to help participants deal with the challenges of advanced networking. The main focus of the course is on implementing security solutions, managing and applying security policies and principles, and explaining concepts of Ethical Hacking and performing Penetration Testing to discover network vulnerabilities.
- Upon completion of the course, participants shall be able to:
- Explain different types of networks, tools and technologies.
- Identify and explain devices used in the networking environment.
- Set up security in a network using Identity-based security appliances.
- Apply user-based authentication mechanisms and policies.
- Filter the network traffic for web content and application.
- Ethically hack the network and use penetration testing methods to find and seal any loop holes in the network.
- Regenerate attacks using forensic analysis in case of an attack.
- Implement concepts like IPS (Intrusion Prevention System), IDS (Intrusion Detection System), Network level Anti-Virus / Anti-Spam and WAF (Web Application Firewall)
Instructor-led and virtual instruction.
OMR. 500/- per participant (a special discount for group registration and Muscat College alumni)
- Each student will receive a Virtual Appliance worth OMR. 200/-
- Free voucher for CCNSP Online Test.
- Free Online Classroom instruction and consultation.