Admission to College
It is the College Policy to remove unnecessary barriers from the way of students seeking entry to the College. The 2 main criteria are that students are judged to have the ability to meet the demands of their course and are able to benefit from their course of Study.
Muscat College admission requirements:
- A General Education Diploma or its equivalents to join the University of Stirling Honours Programmes
- The SQA Diploma Programmes in Business and Accounting or Computing.
- For students joining a Built Environment Engineering diploma programme, they should have studied pure Mathematics and Physics.
The candidate’s previous experience will be taken into consideration in the case of not having a General Education Diploma. This is subject to the Ministry approval obtained on meeting the Ministry requirements and the candidate’s placement test score
- Application form.
- General Education Diploma or its equivalents
- A copy of Birth Certificate.
- A copy of the ID and passport for the candidate and his\ her guardian
- 6 photographs (size 3×4) with the full name written on the back of the photographs.
- A copy of Good Conduct official certificate
- A no objection letter from the employer for working candidates.
English Language Placement Test:
English is the medium of instruction at Muscat College and therefore all applicants must sit for a diagnostic assessment test in English prior to final acceptance for commencement of study. Candidates who meet the foundation programme exit requirements or have an equivalent score recognized by Muscat College will join the post foundation diploma and Honours Programmes.
Ministry admission Requirements for exceptional cases:
Experienced candidates without a General Education Diploma or its equivalents may be given a special permission to study at a higher education institution on meeting the following requirements:
- The candidate is 25 at least and 35 at most. The minister may, however, allow overlooking this condition on request from the employer.
- The candidate must have spent at least 4 years at his/ her current job in addition to the requirements of items 4 and 5 below.
- The candidate must have successfully completed 9 years of study at government educational institution.
- There must be a direct link between the candidate’s experience and his/her prospected field of study.
- there must be some evidence on attending educational and professional training workshops
- The candidate is to be subjected to the same rules and regulation organizing award of college certificates and diplomas for full time and part time.
Candidates covered by the above conditions must send their applications-attaching the employer’s request- to the Director of Internal Scholarships at the Ministry of Higher Education. The letter should specify the years of experience and the sponsor.